You better free your mind instead
[html]

Ah, well this post actually is crap. Sorry for the wait - you know why<3
Word Count: 327

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

Words spilled from her, words that he couldn't quite comprehend. What did she mean —to strike his loneliness harder? Yes, everything he had ever known before this place was elsewhere, and potentially dead. Here, there was him, and Gvihita. Sometimes his daughters visited him, but most of the time it was just him. And she could perhaps not understand how it felt, but there was a family in him, and it was buried with his deceased wife. After that, it had all gone to pieces. A slow flame of hurt grew in him as he felt as if she accused him of things that were not true. Words are powerful tools, but their weakness is interpretation. His face changed and his voice was cold as he replied, feeling as if he had reached out to her, and received something quite different in return. I do not wallow in self-pity, if that is what you suggest, but I am accustomed to my nonexistent family life. And tell me, Ember — am I not a good enough leader for this tribe? For you? And what does it have to do with your feelings anyway? Honestly, he felt indignant that she would bring the subject of his leadership into this at all. It was irrelevant, and negative. I could have left, but I did not. Saying I haven't felt like that doesn't include my rank, it only includes my heart. And his heart was not accustomed to being in used aside from parenthood. He did not say it, but he thought it. There was a limit of things he wished to say now, walls raised and stance defensive.

His eyes studied her face as he spoke, now more composed. His collection was from distance, now — she'd earned it. I can not and will not forget that you were here. Deal with it as you please. He stood tall and rigid, waiting for a response. Hopefully she had the decency to apologize.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread