Such hidden surprises
[html]

Firefly's ears flicked back at the words that Leroy spoke of. She thought of her own children's father as she frowned, her eyes drawn off away from her black and white friend as she spoke softly. "No, you're not the worst." She wondered why she had let herself get carried away in the game between Haku and herself, why she'd stayed so long after knowing that Haku cared not for the fact that she carried his young. She wondered if he would have even let her leave, but she knew she'd been drawn to the power of her position and she hadn't even wanted to lose that. She had once had a posh life and it had been good. She'd been driven to desperation and had lost it all.

She shook her head as she tried to rid herself of the memories as Leroy's voice broke through again. She wrinkled her nose at the thought and asked. "Do you honestly think that she's going to want me anywhere near your offspring." She flicked her hair over her shoulder as she laughed. "She probably thinks I'd try and fill their heads with dark notions." Really it wasn't a bad idea, she could have her own little collection of evil minions, even if they were short and slightly addle-brained from lack of experience in the world. She smiled at the idea and let her chuckles ease off.

When Leroy suggested getting some wood Firefly nodded and went along to help. "We'll need some rather large ones we can use for torches and of course just some wood for fire as well. I'll gather some torches material" Firefly knew what types of green wood burned nicely and bright. She knew that they'd throw a lot of smoke but that didn't bother her that bad. She moved off into the woods to find some sassafras trees to gather torches from.

It didn't take her too long to find some young sassafras trees and begin to break off some nice sized branches. She left the leaves on knowing that they would serve as extra fuel for lighting the limbs. She smiled as her collection grew quite large before she returned back to where they'd start the fire. Just in time to see Leroy returning as well. "Excellent, now let's try and get this fire going. I'd rather return back here before it's too dark." Firefly didn't mind the dark, she just liked knowing what was out there in the world and sometimes it was harder when the night had settled in, especially with a nose full of smoke and eyes blinded by fire.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread