six feet down, two stairs up
[html]

ahaha, no, I hadn't had a name picked out for her, mostly to disguise my complete lack of knowledge of African languages. That site is handy though, thanks. <3 Also, I PM'd you.

Alacrity noted with some chagrin that she was talking rather a lot. Hers was an outgoing, bright spirited nature, but she was rather more accustomed to listening than being the driving force behind the conversation. She would come to realize that she had felt immediately comfortable in Anselm's presence, which may have played a role in her talkativeness. She was, after all, talking rather a lot about herself.

"Everything here is so new, so exotic," she replied enthusiastically. Paradise was lovely after a long, hot summer, but the wonder of it was somewhat lessened if you'd grown up in its embrace. "The birds are smaller and less colorful, but a lot noisier. I don't recognize most of the plants I see. I still have trouble with all of the trees while hunting sometimes, but otherwise this place suits me just fine." She smiled broadly, the pleasure she derived from these foreign shores was clearly genuine. Europe had looked similar, in some ways, but there were also a lot of towns and well-ordered fields, and a culture she could never quite be a part of. "Do you like living here, with your family?" Alacrity knew, better than many, that families were sometimes tricky, complicated things and relationships with them were not always the easiest.

"Bashasha", she said after a brief pause, a shy streak showing for the first time in their encounter. The cultural custom of translating names was to promote continuity throughout their relationships, should they cross tongues. But to Alacrity, Bashasha was the outgoing, diligent scout in her mother's pack, a member of a world she had long since said her farewells to. Alacrity, or Eifer, or Réjoui was a new definition of herself, a person with whom she was much more familiar and much more at ease. Thinking about home still made her uncomfortable: she had not yet emotionally processed the terms of her departure.

To the last, she responded in a small shrug. She was in good physical condition, the type where she wouldn't think twice about spending days on end in constant motion. And as to being alone, well, she'd been by herself for the better part of a year now, and a jog south couldn't be any worse than the long weeks crossing the Atlantic. Of course, snow was more of an academic principal to her than a reality, but there was no time for learning like the present -- or the very near future. "Indeed, a second plan is most wise. May I visit though, regardless? I would very much like to see where you live."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread