six feet down, two stairs up
[html]

xD; Yeah, sorry. I wasn't sure if you had one picked out or not, Anselm just had to ask. >P Also, sorry about wait of fail. D: -Hopes this post is cute enough to compensate.- Who knew he was capable of actually falling for someone! XD

#$%@Ah, perspective; how it could complicate some things while simplifying others! Her declaration of them and their land as being exotic was enough to bring a warm, playful smile to his face; Alacrity was quite possibly one of the most charming women he'd ever met. He listened with rapt attention to her description of the African desert, his interest genuine and not spurred on merely by polite formality. "Hmm, there are some grassy areas," he explained. The principle one he knew, of course, was Inferni--only a small portion of the territory was forested. "Only the southwest corner of Inferni is forested, actually, the rest is open plateau and shoreline." For an instant he was struck by the irony of the situation--here he was trying to sell Inferni to a potential member, rather than the member trying to sell themselves to the clan.

#$%@"But yeah, it's definitely home to me," he resolved easily; he'd been a little uneasy when the wolves showed up following the fire, but having departed for a year to roam he knew better now than ever that this was where he belonged. He certainly had no interest returning to the miserable place he'd grown in up in, and he wasn't sure any other pack would "get him" as his comrades in Inferni did. In blood his alleged relationship was somewhat a stretch; in mind and spirit it was no wonder.

#$%@That she spoke so fondly of herself and her history moments ago while shying away the next struck him on some subconscious level, and though he didn't really register why he decided to drop the name issue then and there. He had just wanted to hear what it was like. He put on a gentle, mock frown and nodded: "You're right. My tongue is far too rough and foul to do a name of such beauty any justice." A casual wink was tossed her way; though his tone was light and in jest, it was clear he honestly believed his own words. The title was feminine and elegant, pleasant on the ears and he enjoyed the sound.
#$%@The painted woman seemed open-minded regarding his offer, and he could not help his black-tipped tail wagging behind him as he considered the possibility of a visit. "Of course! Just give me a call on the borders," he instructed simply, figuring if she followed protocol she would be fine, regardless of who found her. She was clearly not a wolf and with his name, he felt no qualms giving her permission to approach Inferni. Most of his other friends he had to warn; he asked them to meet with him in Halifax specifically as he didn't want to chance some of the more enthusiastic (to put it politely) members attacking on sight.
#$%@"I'll be looking forward to when you do," he offered with another charming smile. Anselm felt giddy, not unlike the head-rush he experienced while high. Something about her was different, and all of a sudden, knowing that she might be interested in him too was causing his brain to short circuit (in the best way possible, of course). "Take care until then, Alacrity," he said with a bow, excusing himself easily before he said anything that might make him look terribly like a fool. He'd decided his slack-jawed gaping when he'd first seen her was already enough.

table by Amber <3
[/html]

Messages In This Thread