we set sail with no fixed star in sight
[html]

300+ I see nothing wrong with your post! Mine, on the other hand... D:

Ehno glanced around anxiously as he waited for the inevitable arrival of one of the pack members. How simple this would be if Naniko would show up, but he knew that was unlikely to happen, even if she had already arrived here. He hadn’t seen her for a while, and he began to wonder how she was fairing. It had been weeks since he last seen her, he reminded himself with slight guilt. He hoped the woman was no longer feeling any lasting cravings from her recently kicked addiction. But he trusted her. She said the pregnancy had helped her fight it, and he believed that she was telling the truth. Her pregnancy had only just begun to start showing at that time, and by now she would be reaching the final stages of it. The little ones could be coming any day now. He didn’t want to miss it. Excitement swelled within his chest just at the thought of it.

A short bark pulled him from his thoughts, drawing his gaze to the sight of a smaller canine approaching. This pack member had a peculiar fur pattern and features, allowing Ehno to easily identify him as neither a wolf nor a coyote, but a dog. He’d seen enough of the distantly related canines to not be surprised how different each one could look. “Hey,” he greeted, offering the young man a smile. The Marino lowered his tail automatically, ears moving to an angle closer to his skull. He wasn’t exactly joining, but Ehno still knew to be respectful. The stranger here seemed friendly enough. On to business, then. “I was wondering… would you happen to know if Naniko D’Angelo has joined here recently?” The accented question was kept simple, straight to the point. Beating around the bush would only make the situation more awkward, and Ehno had had enough of that within the last few weeks to last him a lifetime. There was a chance, of course, that this man wouldn’t know Naniko at all, but the only way to find out was to ask.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread