you say your truth isn't mine [aw!]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... topban.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Yeah, this color shows up better :3 300+

Having a close bond with an animal outside canines was something he had never experienced before and unlike anything he had seen growing up. For a while his mother Anu had had a bluebird that followed her around, but the bond that he shared with the stallion was much different than that. It was of course different than any friendship that he held, but it wasn't any less strong nor did it matter to him any less. Drogon was someone that Haven knew would always be there for him. The horse would never do anything to betray his trust. He knew he would always feel safe with him. Drogon didn't judge him or look down on him in any way. It was a comfort to have that to turn to when he felt low. If he hadn't had the horse's companionship getting over Siobhan leaving would have been a much tougher process than it already had been.

"From what I've observed they do. Drogon loves them. I think he'd eat them all day given the chance." After all, it had been an apple that had first brought them together. Whenever he got the chance he always tried to bring some to the stables. "As for other things they like hay and oats. That's pretty much what Drogon's diet consists of, though I'm sure there's other things they can eat too. One day I'll have to go to the city and try to find some books on horses so I can know more." Heath was really the one in charge of the stables and the horses, but Haven liked to know as much as he could as well. When he wasn't at home or out patrolling the lands he was usually in the stables caring for Drogon and cleaning things up.

He could sense a bit of embarrassment from Vigilante, but he didn't pay much attention to it. He had been just as clueless about horses when he had found Drogon. "Well, when I first got him I just spent time with him and fed him and started building our bond. One thing that you need to do is make sure they know that you're in charge. I don't think horse herd behavior is that much different than our pack behavior. So I'd eat first and then feed him and if he nips at you just nip right back." From what he understood it could be dangerous if the horse thought they were in charge. "After that was when I started to try riding him. It took a lot of time and practice, but we both really enjoy it. It makes border patrols much faster and easier and it's faster when I want to go visit my family back in Crimson Dreams. It can be really calming too, rides have helped me get through some rough patches."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread