you say your truth isn't mine [aw!]
[html]

Yay! Haven gets another one of my characters' 100th posts. x3 I <3 you, and him, obviously! 500+ words.

#####Someday, Vigilante hoped that he could share a bond with his horse that was as great as the one that Haven shared with Drogon, or Heath shared with Lumiere. It was a foreign concept to him, just as the horses had been upon first seeing them upon his arrival. Their distant cousins, the deer and caribou that ran rampant throughout the forests and tundra respectively, were creatures that he was far more familiar with, but he had never considered turning to them for companionship. Simply put, they were creatures coexisting in te world, as well as necessary prey. He was curious as to whether or not the same bond could be accomplished between a luperci and a cousin of the horses. If not, what was it that made the horses capable companions, while the others were not? Perhaps, he thought, it was relative to the way that the humans had kept horses during their reign over the planet, while they did not keep deer, as far as he knew.

#####Though he had admitted to Heath that he could not read, and while that still stood firm and true, he was proud that he had been able to read and piece together some of the faded letters on the doors to one of the stalls, giving his horse that name. Maybe he could eventually learn to read on his own, and then he, too, could look for books in the library, as Heath had done and Haven would do. It was becoming increasingly obvious that his way of being was easily considered obsolete here. His life had been spent living in natural dens, not even entertaining the idea of inhabiting old human dwellings. No one had ever kept animals as companions where he was raised, and until arriving here, he had never met anyone who could read old human writing. Life in his old pack seemed, for all intents and purposes, far more simple than it was here, even if his life in particular had not been.

#####Just as he suspected, it would take quite a bit of work for him to become close enough to the horse to even entertain the idea of climbing on the beast's back. Though he did not fear much, it was something he was incredibly wary of. "I expect that it will be quite some time before either of us are comfortable enough to consider riding," he mused, letting his eyes fall down the horse's neck to his back, the place he would presumably have to sit if he were ever to try and ride him. Focusing his attention back to his superior, he decided that getting to know the orange boy might be a good idea, as well. "Have you been here since the creation of the pack?" It seemed to him that it came out sounding to be out of the blue, but there had been a train of thought leading up to the question, beginning with Haven mentioning family in Crimson Dreams. That made sense, as he knew the pack was fairly new, as he had only joined a couple weeks after its creation.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread