When I need me most, you need me more
[html]

Sorry for the quality. x.x
Word Count: 321. Worth 2 points.

Hanna sat in the doorway of the house Mew called her own, relaxing after the controlled chaos that had taken place not more than a couple hours before. She knew she needed to go clean the den, to remove the soiled and stained laundry from it and get it back the way it was before the advent of the puppies. She couldn't quite tear her eyes from the moon that was newly waxing in the sky, giving thanks to her deity for the safe birth of her new great-nieces and -nephews.

The labor itself had gone well. It was long and intense, and Mew had cried out more than once. But the woman had urged her on till the three were present and accounted for.

She hadn't been sure at first. Oh, yes, the puppies came fine, but Mew had only sat and cried for the first little while after their birth, leaving Hanna to clean the little darlings with towels and attach them to Mew's teats to feed. She didn't quite understand why Mew had been crying, but as the new mother had not mentioned anything to Hanna, she didn't see fit to pry. It was not her place to question why someone who had just been gifted with three tiny presents would be sad. So she had done her duty and then given Mew a gentle hug, then left her to bond with her children.

After a long period of thanksgiving to Luna, Hanna turned to gaze upon the white form inside, nestled next to a white-wrapped bundle of puppies. The woman seemed fine, now, in any case, and Hanna's duty now rested between warding away visitors -- the pups and their mother needed rest now more than companionship -- and cleaning. She rose to do the latter, gathering the towels and heaping them into a pile to be taken in the morning to be cleaned at the docks.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread