turning us into monsters.
[html]
Hoookay! XD Yayyyy terror and blood. <3

The coyote woman did not appreciate self-examination; she did not enjoy peering into the mirror and seeing a one-eyed devil grinning back, full of condtradictions and long-held prejudices that could barely stay afloat an instant when pulled under by the current of a changing world. Maybe that had been necessary at one time, but the hybrid found the world a different place than the one she'd left, tiny and filled with politics, careful balances, tiptoing around others' to keep them from being angry and squashing Inferni. If she had her way, Inferni should have traveled to Dahlia de Mai as a whole and ripped Haku Soul out from his position beside the throne by his very roots. There was no reason he should still even be breathing. There was no reason they should have allowed the Phoenix Valley wolves their lives after trespassing; the coyote woman had been witness to two such fools herself, one who was granted the benefit of the doubt for a wild claim to heritage connected with the Lykoi family. The second hadn't been so lucky in her game to leave unscathed, but she'd still drawn a high enough card to escape with her life. But even now, the hybrid patiently waited for repercussions for her actions that rainy night, perhaps a Valley wolf at their door, howling for Gabriel—they liked that sort of sly, political bullshit, generally. The coyote woman did not like to resort to it, but when others adjusted their game, what else was there to do?

At the other canine's words, the hybrid was first surprised, and then irked. "Did I ever have control of Inferni?" the hybrid demanded, pushing for a response to a question she did not really wish to ask. What had she done for them? "What was I as our Aquila?" The coyote rephrased her question, stepping forward slowly as the canine began to retreat from her, her golden eye shining with anger and self-hate at this new accusation. It was truth; she was a failure, for her departure and abandonment of the clan and her family certainly outweighed whatever achievements she might have earned while pulling weight within Inferni. "Even then, would you say I failed in ridding us of wolf threat at our southern border? I took back what was ours and we made them pay." the coyote said. That was her one and only success, and it hardly mattered in the events that transpired afterwards, for as soon as they had eradicated one enemy and banished them to the Moaning Woods, more had come to their door, crossing their borders boldly and begging for the clan's retribution. She had not put a stop to anything, and in the end, she had changed nothing. "What more do you demand of me, Hybrid?" the coyote asked.

Thanks to Akumu for the table!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread