i couldn't protect her [J]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... rmor_t.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Just a note, Haven has his sword strapped across his back. Not a big deal at all, just thought I'd mention it for future reference ^^ 300+

It was probably good for Haven as well that Locke didn't decide to want to share war stories, for Haven had none to share. He hadn't even been in a real fight yet. There had been that scuffle with Ezekiel, but that had been a personal matter and had only lasted a matter of minutes. The young Knight had yet to prove himself in the art of combat. He trained everyday, honing his skills, his body and mind. When that time did come he wanted to be prepared, but he couldn't know how that first battle would go and it was something he worried greatly about. Was he really strong enough to protect the pack? Was he capable? When people started questioning him about his experience he suddenly felt unworthy and self-conscious. He had yet to prove himself. If only that day would come so he could know.

The look of shock that unfolded on the broken man's face was a little surprising to the hybrid. He knew what he offered was an important thing and a thing that was not giving frivolously, but really how could he not offer him that? Jac had given him the power to decide who was worthy of coming into their ranks and this seemed like the perfect situation to make such an offer. Even if Haven hadn't had the authority he would have offered and gone to plead Locke's case before the King. To Haven, Cour des Miracles was a place of second chances and new beginnings. That's what it had been for him, and maybe it could be that for Locke too. He certainly needed it. He needed others around him, he needed to know that he was not alone. There really was no better place than here for that.

When the older male began to speak Haven was about to cut in, saying that no, he did not want him to feel pressured to decide to stay here. There was no debt that needed to be paid or anything of the sort. But when he saw that small smile come to Locke's lips it quieted his tongue. A similar smile came to the burnt orange hybrid, glad that he was able to do this for the male. "I'm glad you'll stay. I am." He wanted to see Locke through this unbearable time and to have him feel that sense of hope that he had when the pack had first formed. "I don't want you to feel there is any debt to be repaid though, at least not with me. I'm only happy I've been able to help, even in this small way." For anything seemed small in the face of such a deep loss.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread