When there is nothing left to say
[html]

WC: 440
Pfft, I totally replied to your PM. :> I want to do the Coli thing because that will be the reason she leaves DDM, I just decided. It's Kris's fault. C: But-but, did you want Slay in this same thread later on, or you want I should start a second thread on the same day?

The night was cool, echoes of frost in the chilly breezes that swept from the north. Colibri Haki sat in the shadows of the night, her thin Optime fur standing on end to fight the onset of winter. Once snow fell on the ground, her garden would die. She had not found enough perennials to weather the cold seasons, and she was still patiently and naively waiting for Henratha to introduce her to the greenhouse he built in her honor. His scent had faded, the carpenter had not visited in too long. It was obvious that the big werewolf had left her the building as a parting gift, but she was too obstinate to use it without his express consent. She had at least wanted to say good bye... No one ever gave her that chance anymore.

Her blue eyes gleamed pale in the moonlight as she stood, rubbing her arms to mask a shiver. She should go indoors, light the neglected fireplace, and go to sleep for the night, rather than submit to her insomnia and feel sorry for herself until the sun rose. There were many things she should do. She should visit Anu again, and admit that she had attempted suicide. She should swallow her pride and visit Cercelee, let her know that her loyalties were torn and she might be leaving the flower pack. She should uproot the autumn weeds that were strangling the remnants of her once-pristine garden, and fashion some pots to bring her favorites indoors before the frosts hit. But nothing ever got done.

A weak howl faded in and out of the trees, catching her sensitive ears by surprise. The pathetic voice was not one she recognized - honestly, it was most similar to her own half-hearted attempts at communication. Coli padded down the creaky porch steps on impulse, peering into the forest gloom to try and spot the wanderer. A pack wolf would not sound so weak, would they? Was it a stray? She was too lowly to accept joiners, but she could lead the canine to Cercelee and her mate, if that was what he sought. She lived in the outskirts of town, preferring the seclusion of the nearby trees. Now it seemed like a slightly dangerous oversight, should she be attacked by this nameless male... She swallowed her paranoia, hardening her gaze in an attempt to look fierce.

"Y-you out there, wh-what do you want? Who are you s-seeking?" she stammered thinly, spotting the stumbling figure emerging from the woods. Her tail bristled like a bottlebrush behind her, intimidated by the unknown. If only she was not so alone!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread