When there is nothing left to say
[html]

OOC: We can just use the same thread. ^^

Leland heard the voice before the blurry figure came into view. He hadn’t realized how weak he really had become, though he knew how pathetic he appeared. Odd colored eyes peered out at the girl, and for a brief moment his old spark returned. She was scared, timid and shy, everything he never had been his whole life and his old habit of trying to put others at ease resurfaced. “Don’ worry lass, I mean no harm.” His voice was gentle and warm, although lacking the strength it once had. Then he remembered himself. Remembered his life. Remembered, or thought he did, that no one else could understand, and that he was alone, alone, alone. The warmth fell out of his eyes, his voice, and again he was just empty, his voice only sad. “Ay… I was lookin’ fer Slay. Ya know of ‘em?”

Wearily he drew closer, his body limp, his eyes downcast. If this girl still did not realize how harmless he was… Leland looked up and faked a smiled, he was too tired these days for anything genuine. “Must apologize fer my state… ya see, I know I don’t look too good...” He breathed heavily, teetered on his feet. Leland blinked up at her, and from some place within him there was ever the need to be polite, even when he knew it didn’t really matter here, not now. “I hope ya don’ mind but I can’t stay standin’ much longer…” Slowly he sunk to the ground, there he held himself up with both arms, looking up at the girl. “My name’s Leland.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread