When there is nothing left to say
[html]

WC: 444

The male stepped into her line of sight, and immediately pity washed over Colibri, empathy causing her to catch her breath in awe. This man was a wreck. She could count every bone in his body just by looking at his gaunt frame, and the muddy, matted fur that clung to it. She knew the feeling of absolute rock-bottom, but never before had she seen it in another. Suddenly she realized what her vigilante angel must have felt when he stopped her from killing herself - he must have seen the same hollow look in her eyes as this man, the same inner desolation, the encroaching emptiness. She immediately tasted bile in her mouth, and coughed, trying to compose herself and figure out how to help this poor, pitiable creature.

He was looking for Slay. Slay was the name of Cercelee's mate, wasn't it? The recollection was hazy, but she remembered black and white fur, an odd pattern - not unlike this man's fur, although his had a cinnamon hue by comparison. Perhaps that meant they were related. "I... know where he lives," she admitted softly, her tail curling uncomfortably behind her. She held a silent resentment toward Slay for taking all of Cercelee's time, although of course it was just an excuse for her not to visit. Her ears perked up attentively as the wearied canine stumbled closer, mumbling a weak apology.

"L-leland...!" Coli stammered, dashing to his side as he crumpled to the ground. He must be severely malnourished. Her mind raced to think of what she could give him - she didn't really keep food in the house, preferring to hunt as needed. His stomach must be shrunken anyway, so a drink would be best, and then she could try to make a broth of some sort? "I - I'm Coli, I live right in that house, do you th-think you can make it inside? I'll h-help you," she stuttered anxiously, kneeling alongside him. If he passed out, she could never carry him - as light as he probably was, she was utterly weak and useless.

Talking might keep his mind focused. "I know you must be very tired, but I can only take you to see your brother Slay after you're rested," she rambled, incorrectly guessing at their relationship. "I can make you a nice hot cup of tea. I grow flowers to use for stuff like that - in the morning, you can see them. Well, not all of them are good for you, but they all look nice. Is that something you'd be interested in?"Her tail waved nervously as she tried desperately to say the right thing.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread