When there is nothing left to say
[html]

You can have Slay come to him if that will speed this along.

Leland’s eyes, glazed over and seemingly uninterested, took in every minute detail. He could sense the girl’s unease, her unhappiness, the helplessness that shrouded her. And he accepted it all. This was here, there was no changing it, he could not ease her troubled heart, he wouldn’t even try, he didn‘t want to. The words that fell forth were not to make matters worse, but certainly they were not for her benefit. Once the lie had been planted, it grew and Leland wasn’t even sure why he watered it with his words. “It‘s uncurable...” Patiently he looked up at her, his tone just matter of fact. As if he had long ago accepted it, and now so should she.

Partly it was true. He was suffering from life and that was indeed incurable… almost. There was one quick fix, or slow fix depending on the method, but for every soul that suffered from life, and every soul at one point or another does, few take that route. Yet life did not normally ravage the body in such a way that left one looking as Leland did. If a sickness of the body had taken hold, Leland had been too absorbed in his emotional turmoil to notice.

Shakily he reached his hand out to the girl, as if to take comfort in her presence. Any maybe he would, though since Lyla he had not intentionally touched anyone. “I don‘t mean to bother ya miss, but I would like to see my brother soon.” Leland didn’t actually know what he would say when he saw the male, they had only briefly been friends and the husky whom Slay had last seen wasn’t the same pathetic shell who sought him now. Hopefully Slay wouldn't be too startled by his apperance, as Leland realized he did have one favor to ask of the male.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread