fool's gold
fail post is fail.
[html]
A faint smile came to his face briefly, but he wasn’t entirely sure of the concept of whether or not he was ‘a good kid’. He had heard such a thing being said to him before, but had hardly been given reason to justify it in a way that made sense. But it had never had much to do with who had said it and what validity it had as it did who he had always wanted to hear it from. In this case, he knew that Gabriel was trying to cheer him up and because of that, he didn’t seem so foreboding as Hezekiah would have liked to believe.

However, what the Aquila said next seemed to almost play into what Hezekiah usually had on his mind. He did stay out of the way—the way essentially being trouble in any form—and since then had done well on his own. He could fend for himself, but was otherwise lack in set skills like those in Inferni had. They were all providers and protectors; creatures build for strength that had long been ingrained in them. He was gangly and meek, no doubt in need of a sure footing to build his confidence.

But he was willing to learn.

“I don’t know what I’m good at,” Hezekiah said, feeling little shame in admitting what was a truth. He certainly wasn’t much of a fighter by looks alone. “Most of what I know now is because I figured out how to do it myself, or because I watched someone. It’s how I learned to put the skulls on the sticks.” But Anselm hadn’t been too appreciative of his shadowing. Yet it was something that Hezekiah had continued to do now that he had seen it.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread