the fortunate
It's been so long since I've used a table...

[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj32 ... he/st2.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; padding-bottom: 160px; text-align: justify;">

It made sense—there was no reason that Snake could see for finding a permanent home so quickly. The main reason for his asking, though, was simply to see what he might do in his first days in Inferni. Being the passing inhabitant of one of the caverns appealed to him, though not forever—living underground gave him a churn in his stomach that he hadn’t felt since he lived in New Haven. While living in the chambers underneath the crumbling concrete pillars, he had developed something that was a little bit less than a phobia, but a great fear—the fear of living underground, and the fear of having things collapse on him. There were few deaths that he wouldn’t even wish upon his worst enemies, and those were death by drowning and being buried alive. Obviously, Snake was not in the market for an under-terrestrial home or for one on the beach. He’d just have to explore Inferni and see what he could find.

“Yeah, I think I’ll have a good look around before I make my decision as well,” the sandy-furred coyote said, giving the lands another glance. The forest was left behind them, and Inferni tapered off into plains that eventually led to the shore and the ocean. Despite its macabre boundaries, it was a beautiful place. It was another reason why he’d rather find someplace where sleeping under the stars was a little easier to achieve. Snake had spent eighty percent of his life usually sleeping outside, and he found it comforting—he was not esurient to go and change that. Especially since they seemed to have an issue with wolves around these parts.

Which invariably led Snake to asking, “What’s the issue with the wolves around here?” He knew of the differences between coyotes and wolves, but hadn’t really faced issues such as these before. In New Haven, one didn’t really care what species you were. It was more who your parents were, how strong you were, and whether or not you were male. On the road, they met all types of canines, and didn’t really have too many issues with any since they kept out of the way of over-protective packs. What was it about Inferni and ‘Souls that created an issue?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread