the fortunate
I had a table but then after two posts I decided I didn't care for how it squished my text up so... you get a tableless post. And now I have something like 53 tables piled up in the corner that I'll rarely/never use. XD
[html]
“It’s political,” Hezekiah returned, using the word that Anselm had shared with him. “There’s a pack to our west called Dahlia de Mai and they’ve hated and fought with Inferni since the beginning. I don’t really know what happened, but I was told that one of their leaders kills children and their mothers.” Which given that they were in some ways still children themselves left Hezekiah with an uncomfortable feeling. As much as he wanted to conjure up images of demons and monsters and all things unholy and gruesome, he kept himself focused on the task at hand. “They have this whole cease-fire thing with us, so they won’t attack us or so they say, but they’re not to be trusted.” He didn’t question Anselm’s words in the slightest, but instead took them as his own beliefs. Kaena had warned him about the wolves and then Anselm had and everyone else in the clan went out of their way to make sure everyone else was safe. Clearly those words were worth their weight in gold.

Another rumble of thunder grumbled heavily and his time the woodsy boy’s attention turned towards the sea, eyeing the sky as they walked along as though he had been oblivious to the weather condition all along. With a few minutes left in their walk, he had decided to keep track of the impeding storm. “There’s other packs to the south and east too and all but Phoenix Valley are okay to be around. So I guess you could say that two of the packs don’t mind Inferni and two of them don’t like us. Either way, as long as they don’t bother us, we don’t bother them.” And for a moment, he wanted to grate his tongue against his teeth, using a phrase that his father had said so many times over and over again. They don’t bother us and we don’t bother them. But wolves were a far different story than bears, he supposed, and this was all important information they needed to know as the burgeoning youth of Inferni.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread