the fortunate
[html]
If only just ignoring each other solved the world's problems, things would have been much easier for both of them. Hezekiah knew that even if Inferni tried to ignore their canine cousins, they would come around. They were curious, nosy, and in some facts either arrogant or ignorant. Though he had no experience with wolves first hand, he trusted the word of his superiors; he didn't question it. They had been there longer than he had and for the time being, he was learning from them. But his own curiousity was mounting quite the attack — he was getting his own case of cabin fever. Exploring the lands of Inferni were one thing, but just like things had been at his previous home, he was getting the itch to see what was out there beyond that mysterious line. Just as Snake was curious of him, he was curious about where it was that the sandy-haired boy had come from.

“I'm here because it's the place to be,” he answered, albeit vaguely. “This is just where I ended up after I was dumped here. By who or what, I don't know.” And with the tone that he took on, he implied that he didn't care either. Things in Inferni were much better than they had ever been anywhere else. He was shedding the homesickness and embracing the warmth that ran fluidly through the clan's veins. Assimilation. “Why are you here?” he queried in return, peering over his shoulder to glance at the taller coyote curiously. Given that they were the same age, Hezekiah couldn't help but wonder why he was away from his parents. Granted, they could probably fend for themselves given that they were nearly grown, but in many ways they still had things to learn. They were still children, not quite over that yearling mark and however distantly, far from being true adults with children of their own.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread