smart kids with too much to say
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/S ... ranges.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:300px; border:1px #000000 solid; font-size: 10px; line-height: 12px;">
The boy was slightly startled as the teen stirred. But the Tirones Minor stood his ground. He was gruff, rough around the edges it seemed. He didn't regard him kindly, but he wasn't being malicious. That hadn't ruffled the youth's fur in the least bit. He had not been expecting hugs and sunshine. Mason didn't bat an eyelash, but he didn't smile either. There was an intensity in the way that the olive-eyed guy looked back at him, and he mimicked that stare.

"I wanna say my name's Mason," the boy said, pitching his voice to sound somewhat like the stranger's. He didn't know if this was so much as challenge, but for some reason he wanted to impress this guy. He seemed tough and self-possessing, two traits which the boy coveted. He wanted others around him to instantly realize that he wasn't a push over too. Maybe there was something to learn from this guy.

His eyes had began to burn a little at this point, but he dared not blink. He didn't want to break the eye-lock they had going one. His golden eyes remained on the olive orbs. "You gonna tell me your name or what?" the boy asked, trying to muster up vocabulary that this guy might use. "I'm gonna keep staring until you stop," the boy clarified, remembering to answer the stranger's other inquiry before waiting for a response from him.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread