smart kids with too much to say
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... ython1.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

Mason obviously didn’t seem interested in fighting—good both because Snake didn’t want to have to school the kid, in order to maintain his pride, and because this young coyote seemed to have common sense. When he blinked his golden eyes instead of looking away, though, the olive-eyed youth couldn’t help but giving an amused smirk—an emotional response very rare from the usually stoic creature. “Well,” he said, shrugging his strong shoulders. “I’m not really sure what that means in context. So I’m sure we can call it even.” Snake didn’t mind being even with Mason for the time being. He seemed smart, at least in matters such as these, and that would probably mean he’d do well.

The sandy-furred coyote’s gaze wandered, as did his mind—the thought of what might be the provender of tonight one of this thoughts— until he posed the question, “Do you have any family here, Mason?” He wasn’t sure why he was curious. It might have to do that many of the clan that he had met, sans Hezekiah, had family within the group. Snake, also being without nearby family (or so he thought), wondered if this kid had been pack-bred or had ran away from home, or was merely dumped here. He didn’t really think if it might be a sore issue or not. Snake had ran away from home and didn’t care, and that’s what he based it on.

table credit goes to jacoby
[/html]

Messages In This Thread