smart kids with too much to say
[html]
Smile

Snake absorbed his answer quickly and Mason was quick to respond to him. "It was all right - some good things, some bad things. Being hungry really sucked," Mason said and shrugged. There had been times when Mason had been afraid, certainly. But he did not care to remember those times. He had a healthy respect for fear, although now he was at the age where he was beginning to enjoy pushing the envelope. He had a healthy dose of survival instincts, but he also wanted to push the limits.

"I like it here," Mason said automatically. He had a strong sense of debt to Inferni, but it did not weigh heavily upon him. He bore it with some pride, certain and confident that one day he would be able to repay the clan in spades. "I might want to go looking for other things someday, but I would come back." He hadn't really thought of leaving the clan, but he knew better than most creatures his age that there was a whole wide world out there. He didn't hear the call of the wild or yearn to feel the road beneath his feet, but maybe one day he'd find something interesting out there, something worth bringing back.

"I'm gonna be Mason the Terrible," Mason said, nodding and adopting a bit of a playfully sinister tone. That was the name that Kaena had coined for him when they had talked weeks ago, and he wanted to live up to that. "What about you?" Mason asked, genuinely curious.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread