smart kids with too much to say
Snake didn't have a last name? That was not something that Mason had ever encountered before. Both Kaena and Gabriel had surnames. Even someone as young as himself had a surname. Mason turned curious yellow eyes upon the olive-eyed male. That didn't make him any less interesting to the boy, but it was still strange. His last name was something that he took for granted, it seemed. He thought that everybody had one. "I got a long name," Mason said. "It is Mason Alexandre Hesiod. But I never really thought about it." Mason shrugged.

He thought about it for a few seconds more. "I think names are important to me," he said finally. "I don't think a name has to be long to be a good one, but I like my name. It lets others know who I am." If someone knew his name, it meant that he had made a connection. It meant that he was more than himself, and that in his life he had reached out to touch something more than himself. Not that he could articulate that - he was too young and his use of language was not that sophisticated.

"And I wanna be the Terrible so enemies of the Clan will know who they are dealing with!" he said, baring his fangs in the parody of a growl. It was a bit of theatrics to be certain, but he was not trying to be a show off. He was merely trying to illustrate his point to Snake.

Messages In This Thread