Naked to the world.
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/norchester.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
set in blackmoor castle

A giant beast loomed in the distance, but instead of running from it and its unfamiliarity, footsteps progressed in its direction, their sound quieted by the damp ground which had been assaulted by rain for the past few days. The footsteps belonged to a young coyote, not wishing to defeat the beast of a castle but to befriend it. Norchester, though young and still fresh to the world, was enchanted by old human structures and relished at the opportunity to bathe in their rich history. The Blackmoor Castle provided a wondrous opportunity to do just that and she had every intention to explore its ancient walls.

Her progress was made quickly, taking advantage of the short interval of clear skies that she had been blessed with. Looking up, she noticed dark clouds beginning to form and sped up her progress, not wanting to get showered upon once more. The castle's steps were beginning to crumble, chips of stone missing here and there, washed away by either feet or weather, though more likely a combination of the two. Norchester climbed the steps slowly, falling into another world as her worn feet touched the cold stone, imagining herself to be a princess returning home for the first time in many months.

The darkness inside the castle was blinding. Spider webs stuck to her face as she walked through the decrepit doorway, her hands quickly ripping the intricate work away from her eyes. Tapestries littered the walls, amazing artwork that Norchester could not help but stop to marvel at, thinking she might take one on her way out to decorate her new home. Smiling at the thought, Norchie stumbled through the overwhelming darkness and found a set of stairs. Up she climbed, unafraid of what dangers might lurk in the castle. Up, up, up she climbed, reaching the top quickly and following the traces of sunlight to an open window overlooking the castle's yard.

In typical princess fashion, Norchester found herself leaning partially out of the window, elbows on the sell and her hands cupped her face. The dark clouds reminded her of one of her favorite songs, and without second thought she began to sing bits of Both Sides Now.

"Rows and flows of angel hair
And ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons everywhere
I've looked at clouds that way

But now they only block the sun
They rain and snow on everyone
So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way

I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down, and still somehow
It's cloud illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all"