these words are my diary, screaming out loud
[html]

set on the edges of rabbit lake, near the border of the packlands! 327 words

Ares was concentrating really, really hard. Writing with a pen was a skill that did not come very naturally to him. He had picked it up late in life and never employed it as much as he should have. Consequently, every word he wrote onto the pages of his tatty notebook was constructed very slowly, very deliberately. Sometimes the ink would bleed through a page or two, so firmly and resolutely did he press down on the page. He had recently finished "You Were the Sunshine that Lit Up My Dark Self," the poem that Mati had caused to bubble up in his mind at the recent pack birthday celebration. Now, though, he was onto something new. His current working title was "My Burning Heart," but... well, it seemed to be missing something, to be honest. He'd would just have to come back to that after he wrote more of the actual content.

He was curled up within his favorite writing place, the nest of roots near this one particular part of Rabbit Lake. Ares fit just perfectly inside of it, and the light playing on the water and the birds in the tree above him were just the perfect backdrop for writing. He wrote a few more words, then another stanza or so. He was really on a roll. His stomach rumbled loudly, reminding the gray boy that he should probably take a break to get some food soon. His dark bangs dangled in front of his face as he wrote out a few more words. Inspiration flash, striking him like lightning. He knew what the title was missing! Flipping back one page, he added four words before his current title, transforming it into the far more expressive "The Flaming Fire of My Burning Heart." His golden eyes glowed with pride, and he leaned back against the tree trunk, reveling in his genius and the chill breeze that whipped its way through the forest around him.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread