Call The Porter, There's Too Much Baggage
[html]

WC: 500+
Hoorah! Finn arrives in Cour des Miracles. I figure I don't have to post her general info since I've already joined as a loner.

It was spitting lightly when Finn left the cover of Etheral Eclipse, but by the time she’d crossed the small stretch of rolling hills between the forest and the border of Cour des Miracles it was pouring. The she-wolf sprinted through the rain, Alastair jogging along beside her with long steps. Thunder crackled as they raced through the grass, pelts plastered close to their bodies by the cold, autumn rain. Finn splashed through a big muddy puddle, a growl welling up deep in her throat as she became even more soaked than before. Up head, they could just see the edge of the ocean, gun metal grey and licking out at the air with foam topped waves.

Finn slowed to a trot, and Alastair looked around, nostrils flaring. They could both smell the thick scent of a pack, and though it made the deer nervous, it was even worse for Finn. With the wind howling around her lone ear, Finn sat, toes on the very edge of the line. ”We have ta stay here, till they find us.” She shouted, trying to make herself heard over the shrieking. Alastair danced on the spot, rolling his eyes with annoyance. ”No, I know you want to get out of this but we have to wait. Seriously, sit still!”

She watched in horror as the deer bounded over the line, heading for the trees and cover on the other side. ”Alastair!” Finn roared, jumping up and racing after him. Her heart was beating too quickly, her legs numbed with cold. If she let him get to far ahead, he might be attacked by unknowing wolves, but the more she ran the more she invaded Cour des Miracles. Finn stopped, dithering fretfully. She needed this, she needed a pack. She was so tired, so sick of being alone.

She couldn’t mess this up now, but Alastair was important too. They had known each other almost a year, protected each other, helped each other. Finn would have gone mad a long time ago if it wasn’t for the big, red buck. ”Alastair, come back!” She called again, voice hoarse and despairing. She could just see him through the sheets of rain, a red-brown smudge moving at the edge of her vision. The spot stopped, wavered. For one moment they stared at each other across the gulf. And then, against all odds, he began to make his way back!

Finn began to run again, her lithe body moving quickly, cutting through the gorse and heather like an iron sickle. She knew her plan to join the pack might have gone tits up by now, but she didn’t care. Right now, Alastair was the rock in her tumultuous life. Sad as that may be, he was all she had, and Finn didn’t intend on losing a friend to some overeager hunter. Maybe she could retrieve Alastair and be back beyond the border before some curious bystander happened upon them. Maybe the rain would wash her scent away. Maybe there was hope yet.

But that was a lot of maybe’s.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread