Call The Porter, There's Too Much Baggage
[html]

WC: 400+
Sure! I'm good with finishing up. I'll pm you about the next thread and the sort of plot idea I have. Smile

Finn settled under the blanket, stretching out her legs and sighing in appreciation of the warmth. It smelled like hay and horses and leather, and it was comforting. The actual horses in the stalls were looking at Alastair and causing a bit of a fuss, but the big deer couldn’t care less. He simply dropped to the ground, took up a mouthful of hay, and for all the world looked like a horse that had decided to wear a pair of horns. He had relaxed as Finn relaxed and let out a friendly chuffing noise at the filly. Finn shook her head and looked back to Jacquez. The deer could fit in anywhere, adapt to anything. Wolves, horses, it didn’t matter. The only things he couldn’t stand were deer.

The king’s warm welcome took her aback, but she answered this statement with a broad smile. The first true one this night. To be accepted so readily created a warm glow in her chest, and it lit up her eyes like silver coins in the lamplight. Thank you, so much. I can’t express how grateful I am…” There wasn’t enough words, or they weren’t good enough. All she could do to express appreciation was try to be on her best behaviour and contribute to the pack. She had met two wolves here now, Vigilante and Jacquez, and knowing that there were at least two friendly faces in the throng was reassuring. It made the whole jumping off point less frightening. She hoped that she would get to know Jac better over the months, he seemed like a decent leader.

”Jacquez.” She said, committing the name to memory. She met his gaze again, regarding him with clear, untroubled eyes. ”My name is Finn Fidh. It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance.” She dipped her head in a little bow, laughing inwardly at herself. It was like she had tripped and fallen into one of her father’s stories. Kings and knights and wolves who rode horses. It was almost too strange to believe. But perhaps that edge of surreality made it easier to swallow. The storm raged outside, but Finn no longer cared. She was warm, and dry, she had a home. Though there were troubles behind her, and probably troubles ahead, she couldn’t bring herself to worry. For now, sitting in the warmth of the stable amongst the horses and straw, with her old traveling companion by her side, and a new friend in front of her, life seemed good.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread