thread title missing
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
Don’t expect much… I’ve got a bug but I want to get this replied to before I’m gone ‘til Tuesday.

Few wolves understood loss like Phoenix did. Born to a couple of loners at the onset of a severe drought, Phoenix had been the only survivor. There had been nobody around to look after him so he’d been forced to take care of himself from an unnaturally young age. Looking back, Phoenix was amazed he had managed to survive. He’d certainly spit death in the face more times than he could count. He had been nearly an adult by the time he wandered into Storm, and even then he wasn’t safe from the trauma of loss. For the longest time, every time he opened his heart to someone they either died, left, or were unable to return his affection.

Phoenix shook his head. A few months was a long time considering the short life spans of a wolf compared to the humans’. They couldn’t take a single day for granted, and a few months was long enough for someone to settle in and consider a place home. It was already longer than many stayed. “I grew up somewhere else, but I been in Storm for a couple years now. My life didn’t really begin ‘til I joined th’pack, so I might as well say I been here my whole life. Th’whole time that mattered, anyway.” He wasn’t intentionally cryptic, yet he was uncomfortable talking about his past with wolves he just met. Usually it elicited unwelcome questions or, worse, pity. “I hope t’be here for many years t’come. I don’t intend to ever leave, at least. You?”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread