thread title missing
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
Phoenix was certainly not the same wolf he had been as a youth. Back then he had been arrogant, brash, naïve. He actually hated what he used to be… every quality of weakness. Yet, he was not weak—somehow he had managed to survive the tragedies in his life, and come out stronger than before. Like the Phoenix of legend, he’d been borne anew by the death of his old life. Yet nothing would ever be resurrected from these human ruins. They had tried to come back once, but left. Phoenix hoped they would never come back, at least not if they were a danger to wolves.

The Shadowland wolf’s words struck a cord with Phoenix. He intended to die here, though whether that was five years or five hours from now he had no way of knowing. The Stormster had long ago given up trying to control his destiny. Best he could hope for was to land on his feet when tragedy struck again, but he knew they day would come when he would be struck with an obstacle that he could not overcome. It was inevitable. All he hoped was that he would be around long enough to see his children grow to adulthood and have children of their own. After that, he could die a happy male.

“I know jus’ what you mean,” Phoenix said truthfully, especially concerning the other’s cryptic last sentence. “Life in this valley ain’t perfect, but no place is. But… I’m rooted here, now.”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread