thread title missing
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
It had been many months since Phoenix had visited either location. His duties to his pack and progeny allowed him little leisure time… but he wouldn’t have it any other way. Without either, he would have no purpose, no reason to continue living. Even before having them, the reason he kept struggling to survive was so that he could one day find a purpose. Besides, it was not like the lands that Storm held sway over were not without their own unique charms. Phoenix knew every square inch of those lands, as every good alpha should. There was a certain charm in the familiar as well—just as powerful as the allure of the alarm, but completely opposite.

The human city was a territory he remained ever wary of… the humans had been dangerous creatures, or so it seemed, and one could never be too careful around their creations. He was careful not to grow independent on their technology… yes, he had a tattoo, and he sometimes hunting with a manmade bow. But both were luxuries, certainly nothing he absolutely needed. Once, the humans had returned, but they had not stayed long. Phoenix wondered what would happen if they ever decided to come back to stay. Would they compete for resources? Fight over territory? Phoenix wanted to remain optimistic, believe that perhaps the species could coexist, but when wolves barely got along with coyotes, how would they treat a species that was actually different?

“I hope you have fun,” the massive male wished Kieran. “I should be getting’ back home. We’ve had some troubles with snow these past few days in our lands, an’ I don’t want my family worryin’ ‘bout be just ‘cause I’m out too late.” Warily he made his way back to the latter. At one point some tiles gave way under his weight, plummeting to the ground and almost bringing him crashing down with them, but the wolf regained his balance just before that happened. Turning back to give the Shadowlands wolf a nervous grin, Phoenix continued his decent a bit more slowly and almost rejoiced once his feet were back on solid ground. He waved goodbuy before picking up his cans and resuming his trek home.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread