Wake to Morning.
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... erhaps.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;border:1px solid black;">
ooc: Ooh, it's business time! :>
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

The days were growing shorter, the cooling autumn temperatures flirting with frost as the trees raced to shed their leaves. Slay had finally found some measure of inner peace; things with Cercelee were better than ever, now that he had finally given her his full attention. They really felt like equals. It had helped to assume his werewolf form, since not only did it put them on level footing, but the more energy-efficient Luperci body helped him to sleep like a normal wolf. He had not collapsed into slumber once since his first shift. It was a confidence booster to say the least, although he would always be self-conscious in front of others...

But such thoughts were far from his mind at the moment. The feral werewolf licked his lips, rumbling a content sigh as he stirred in his sleep. It was a lazy morning for him. His mate's schedule did not always coincide with his own, but she was usually the one to wake him up after the sun rose, especially if he went hunting at night. Today he had gotten a reprieve. Comfortable warmth pressed against his side, and he returned the snuggle automatically, nestling against his mate's slender frame.

After a moment of drowsy consideration, Slay yawned and mumbled, voice still thick with sleep, "Cer, 'sit mornin' already...?" His heavy arm draped across her, limp as he nodded off again. Everything was in its place, all was right with the world. When he was younger, he had never once imagined that he could find this sort of tranquility for himself, or that it existed at all. Now, moments like this were what kept him going. A small needle of anxiety forced his eyes to flutter open again, as he realized that their quiet happy lives could not go on forever this way - not if they were to become parents... He wanted it, he really did, but it was impossible not to worry that it would cause a rift between them, the happy couple. The arctic wolf huffed, hugging his mate closer to his chest. They could just stay here all morning.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread