didn't I say the world was cruel
[html]
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... _table.gif); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
MISERY He was a simple beast. Of that she was very thankful. Smart, cunning creatures took far more to make happy. So much more to deal with. Lark was content with her guiding him. He reminded her of Gin, the retarded son of her cousins Jinx and Curse. He was more evolved then Gin, but it was the same thing. Simple emotions, simple feelings. Gin simply wanted love - Lark wanted to be saved. A good and simple boy to shape into God's greatest wonder. Oh yes, he would be perfect..

MISERY Let him go. He will forget in time, he can have something more. She wanted to shout no at him. At his voice that seemed both pleading and demanding. Would Lark forget? Could he walk away, forget their dirty and dark bloodline, and forge a simple and good life. He would find a woman - simple creatures like him always somehow found a woman, a good strong one. He would father children - some smart, some simple, but good children. He would forget the complicated prayers maybe, forget why exactly he was evil. But it would leave her alone. She would die alone. She couldn't do it. She needed him. Misery loved him.
"I think we will. I...I've been brought here. Tak means for us to do work here."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread