Snowy Flowers, Meadowed World [J]
[html]

That's fine, I have dinner soon anyways :]
Word Count: 368

She seemed startled, and Dawali easily noticed her nervous glances to the horse. Perhaps he was too accustomed to his life and rank, and the member of his tribe, that he from time to time forgot how foreign his appearance and ways could seem to someone unfamiliar with him. He smiled, wanting to comfort her, but he did not step down from his seat. He did not like the idea of being unseated when there was a stranger here - for the horse's sake. She had been nervous during the race some moons back, and he had noticed that she seemed to feel more calm when someone was in control atop her. Despite not hopping down to be on her level, he did greatly adjust his tone of voice to her nervousness. Now, he spoke more quietly, and bent forward to pat the horse's neck as he listened to her speak. Once she was finished (he did let her have some moments of thinking time, instead of rushing onto conversation), he sought her eyes with his own and greeted her the way he greeted most; his nose turned to point to the ground —though not all the way— and he kept his head there a moment. Perhaps, in the human world it would have been considered something of a small bow. With his head in this position, he introduced himself, before lifting it again. "It is nice to meet you, Ailbhe. My name is Ututsi Tsugi Amara, commonly referred to as Dawali. I am the chief of the tribe you seek, AniWaya." Pausing, he considered her stance again. "Please, relax. I do not bite." A small wink was offered her, and a smile with it. In general, Dawali was rarely unpleasant or 'bossy', but he did step up when needed. He did prefer informal conversation, however.

So, he was right —she did seek membership. "So, you wish to join us? Do you have anything in particular to offer us —any skills, for example?" His smile reached his eyes; his politeness was rarely fake. Only when he felt threat would he perhaps display faked polite gestures, but not now. The stranger's nervousness didn't lessen his urge to comfort her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread