Snowy Flowers, Meadowed World [J]
[html]

We try to finish joining threads as rapidly as possible, in order for the new member to start roleplaying on their own asap. So, this thread is now finished, and you don't have to post again.
Please consider our website, especially our rules on the spirit guides and professions. Let me know if you have decided on a profession, and PM me (or Ember) if you have any questions at all! :]
And yes, I've already sent a request for your pretty feather Wink
Word Count: 327

The femme's face kepts its nervous folds even as his sentence was completed. He looked at her curiously, listening to the beginning of an apology of sorts. But, once she realized what he had said, her face changed altogether: now there was joy, and some disbelief? Surely, she did not think as badly of herself, that no one would take her in. He lived by few social rules, but one of them was to help whenever possible. Even if this female had had no skills at all would he have taken her in, for it was quite obvious she was in need of a home and companionship, lest the winter might consume her. He would not have her life on his conscience, and as she seemed both polite and amiable, he saw nothing wrong with letting her say. He smiled earnestly at her promise not to let him down, and as he spoke he moved his hands and gestured towards the village lights. "Your rank will be Itse until you take up a profession - there are others among our members that can train you in what you wish to do. See that strong light over there? Our ceremonial fire; you will find it in the heart of our village. If you wish, you can set up a hut to serve as your den there, or you can live in a different place; it is your choice." Smiling, he took up his reins again, and soon clucked to get Belle to start moving. His work here was done, and he knew that several other individuals were around the village right now. He was being selfish, for once, but it was time he exercised that right, having not done so in several years. Hopefully Ailbhe would not feel less welcome because of this. Before the Kalona left her completely, he spoke a simple sentence, enhanced with a wave of the hand. "Welcome, Ailbhe, and I'll see you around."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread