They say this is happyness
[html]

Fade to black. ^^ 300+ words.

#####Feeling her weight shift so that more was against him, Vigilante held her more tightly, hoping to reassure her that he was not going to go anywhere yet and that he cared for her very much, even if he was not willing to let their relationship progress further than it already had. That is, he would not let it move forward until he was sure that they were meant to be together, rather than something from the heat of the moment. Unfortunately, he could never know something like that until he felt comfortable sharing his secrets with her, although he wished that were not so. Life would be significantly easier if he could simply ignore the past and start over completely. Why did he feel that she needed to know, anyway? He supposed it was his noble nature, as he did not want to deceive her in any way. It just would not be right to do so; he couldn't.

#####Gently leading her to the couch, Vigilante eased himself down with her, keeping his arms around her loosely. He would not stay forever, and he would not sleep there, but he would certainly hold her and talk to her. "I would like to know more about your brother," he said gently, smiling. "I could tell you about my sister," he added. It was a safe topic, because he would not need to give too many details about his sister. "She was a wonderful woman," he continued. Martyr had been beautiful, sweet, intelligent, and caring. In a way, he supposed Ayita reminded him of his sister, but there were most definitely differences between the two women. In both women, he saw strength, but it had been a different sort of strength with his sister. She'd had the strength to give her life to save others, even if it may not have worked. Ayita had a different sort of strength coursing through her body and mind.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread