boy with a coin.
[html]

aww, 's ok :] feel free to powerplay them getting near the caves in your next post, then after that maybe edit in something for Sie to reply? o:

#$%@Though Anselm's own life had been riddled with hardships, he'd never lost either parent prematurely. His stony visage faltered as the child nudged his dead mother and he winced as realisation set in. "I'm afraid not..." he trailed off sadly, gaze averted as the coyote duo shared what was quite possibly one of their last moments as mother and son together. Just as he was about to ask the boy what he might like to do next, he received his answer. His eyes widened slightly at the sudden movement and exclamation as the stillness of the scene shattered.

#$%@He could feel the heat rising off the small child as he pressed against his chest, and Anselm rested his chin gently on the boy's shoulder before pulling away, nuzzling him softly behind the ear and offering a sympathetic lick across his face. "Let's move along then," he offered with a limp wag of his tail. He cast one more troubled glance to the female before turning slowly, more than willing to keep his pace at a crawl such that Pfenix could remain as close as he pleased. Perhaps he would return to bury the body later--he could make her a nice little grave so that the boy could visit her in the future when he was ready.

#$%@"My name is Anselm. You've reached Inferni--a clan where the coyotes and hybrids have banded together to ensure mutual survival." Your mother knew. "We've got another boy about your age here... Mason. Obviously, you're welcome to stay with us as long as you'd like." It didn't even occur to him that the child might be turned away; heck, Kaena was practically the mother of Inferni herself, and surely she wouldn't mind another charge to spoil and raise. "I've got to alert the management, though... My cousin and my aunt run the joint," he explained. Only now did he distance himself slightly from the boy as he tipped his head back and let out a brief call to the leadership--though in it there was a plea for the matriarch's presence specifically.
#$%@Already he was diverting their course toward the caves. "So how about you? What's your name, and what would you like the most? A den, a meal...?" Anselm had never been good when it came to youths or matters of the heart, but at the very least he could claim an "E" for effort.

table by Amber <3
[/html]

Messages In This Thread