Who wears the eyepatch around here?
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... bott0m.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:240px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#252237">
'Sall good =P I've had lots of school to do anyway. Maybe one or two more and we close? I haven't posted in a while, I got to the end of paragraph three and thought "This is too short!" XD

"To family," Jantus answered lazily, raising his jug up to Rurik's. He had turned into a family man himself, though it wasn't exactly in the conventional sense. He'd been a vaguely fatherish type figure since his littermates left him to care for his younger sisters, and so it had been much easier when he and Vera had puppies of their own. Having mostly sons was something he would have no idea about, though. He hadn't had any real male family since Pogrin had run off with his ill-chosen mate.

"You're a space older than me, I think," Jantus said after a moment. "Give me some time and maybe I'll have some boys of my own. For now I'm happy as can be, at least until Vel goes off. I don't think we need to worry about the other three, though. Liliya, though...Russian name, right? It's pretty...pretty." He wrinkled his brow looking for a word that wouldn't sound silly, but it was what he meant, so he'd go with that. He smiled widely and took another drink.

His own daughters hadn't been named after any particular tradition that he knew of. Between he and Vera they had found some that they liked, or that sounded similar but not the same as those around them. He wondered how grown up they'd be when he returned. He'd had some second thoughts, and regretted leaving them, though they were essentially grown up when he'd left. This had been important, especially considering he didn't have any solid plans about following Skoll's murder up with any kind of retribution. They'd failed, so paying respects was necessary, even though it was so far away.

It might also be his last chance to see some of their old friends. He didn't expect that Aivyr would be coming back around the Pine after this, and Nik and Tanya would visit less often; they were getting older, and most everyone's main connection was Skoll. With him gone, the memories of the war would grow a little dimmer, their camaraderie would bear the tinge of bitterness. He hoped it wasn't true, and even if it were, he still wasn't sure risking Vel's departure wasn't more important. Still, this might be the last time he saw some of these people. It would almost certainly be the last time he saw them all together.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread