In your eyes, forsaken me
[html]

WC:468 // Uwa, that would be perfect~! Big Grin

lost into the weight of gravity

The wind carried her the scent, his scent, moments before he emerged. Instantly her ears clapped flat against her skull, slim shoulders drawing upwards in a submissive cringe. It was not unlike her reaction to the haughty Tokyo Chance, except for the reflexive panic she was trying to choke down at the very scent and sight of her father. It had been so long since they had seen each other, and she had been grateful for the relief. The last months of winter, she had been looking over her shoulder everywhere she went, terrified that at any given moment, the Lilium would be there to snuff her life out. It was a silly fear, perhaps; he seemed to relish the power (and the leeway) that his high rank offered, and becoming his packmate was the easiest way to gain immunity. Now she was in the most danger she had ever been, because she was about to abandon the Dahlian shield and call herself a defenseless loner...

The lump in her throat bobbed as she gulped, trying to steady her nerves and handle herself like an adult. She was older and much more mature now, and had been hoping to leave a different impression. She thought she could stomach this now, to stare her assaulter in the eyes and let him know she moved on. But one look from his deceptively friendly countenance, and she felt her heart skip a beat in her chest, keenly aware that she could not predict anything he would do. Time had only increased his abilities to camouflage. She used to be better at reading his intentions. "H... Haku..." she exhaled softly, folding her hands before her politely, to keep them from shaking. It was odd to hear him speak her full name. She didn't hear it often. He said it so nicely, too...

"I, I'm sorry, but... I've called you here to s-say... goodbye." Coli's tone was halting, her words deliberate and slow. She had to say this without stammering. If he wasn't her leader anymore, then he was not in control either. Anu was what mattered now. Anu would be her leader, and treat her better than any man could ever hope to aspire to. She jutted her lip in what she hoped was a determined expression, trying to maintain eye contact for more than a brief moment. "I... am renouncing my home here. Please... tell Cercelee." she added weakly, looking aside. She had only bid farewell to Mew. Perhaps her aunt would spread the word, not that many were concerned with the wallflower. She could already feel herself pining for the vineyard, the shoreline, the fields of flowers - it was so hard to tear herself away, even knowing how miserably lonely she felt here. It made her want to cry.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread