I won't let go, because i know...
[html]

Sorry for the rambling. Ruri, like me, tends to talk a lot when she's trying to convey a serious point, probably because she doesn't precisely know what to say.

Ruri smiled once Heath shut the door. Now they could talk freely without having to beware of waking Jontae. The ivory and merle female wanted so badly to jump up and wrap her arms around the coy-wolf, but she couldn't even stand on two feet. Her ankle was still covered by the blanket, hiding the mostly dried, cold compresses that Finn Fidh had applied earlier that day. Hopefully if he did move closer he wouldn't bump her leg. She didn't want to wince in pain, or do anything to draw attention to the fact that her ankle was very tender. The delicate female heard Heath's unsure voice as he mentioned his insecurity over whether or not to return. Then he mentioned that Jac probably wanted him out, to which Ruri frowned. "Jac wouldn't dare do such a thing! He wouldn't dare..." she trailed off, her brow furrowed in a mildly irritated manner a position it did not take often. The slate and white female slowly slid backwards in her bed until her back was against the old head board. Now there was room for Heath to take a seat if he wished. "I'm very glad you came Heath. I wanted to tell you how sorry I am. It's my fault that Jac acted the way he did last night. I should have told him sooner that I had feelings for you, and confronted him about his own issues with me. I love him, and he knows that, but he also knows that he could never be...my mate..." she froze when the word escaped her mouth. She hadn't meant to say it, but it was already too late. Jac's words from the night before about how she was too young to have a lover had made her want to prove him wrong. She didn't want to outright disobey him, but she had to prove to him that she knew more than he gave her credit for. Innocent as she was, her life with a tail-chasing, drunkard king had given her some small insight into the realms of social life that Ruri had been shielded from. For the most part, of course, Ruri had no desire to engage in those acts such as drinking herself under the table and so on, but Ruri was growing up and the fact that she was blind shouldn't hinder her from being able to experience the goodness of love.

Ruri now realized that she had paused for quite some time as she had thought about this and the awkward silence had probably left Heath wondering what she had meant. With a bit of a timid smile Ruri found herself struggling to recover,"What I meant to say was...that Jac feels like what he did last night was the right thing. I don't agree with him of course. I love you Heath! I love Jac too, but you know that it's different. Jac doesn't seem to understand though and I'm not sure how to make him understand without hurting his feelings. I don't want to hurt your feelings either Heath, but I don't know what to do. Both of you are trying your hardest to do the right thing, while I can't seem to figure anything out at all. I hated it when he hit you last night. I was so proud of you that you didn't hit him back, but when you left...I didn't understand right then what you were doing. I tried to chase after you...and then I got hurt," she confessed pulling the blanket off of her mildly bandaged ankle. She knew she had just said quite a lot, as was her habit when she was confused and upset, but she hoped that Heath didn't have too much trouble understanding. She also hoped that he wouldn't blame himself for her getting hurt. It was her fault entirely, and she knew it. If Heath started to feel guilty about something that wasn't his fault Ruri would only feel worse and the cycle would never end.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread