better daze.
[html]

Anselm was certainly surprised to hear that she was acquainted with Kaena; the fact that they had apparently hit it off was pretty amusing, too. That right? I consider Kae like my aunt.. even if we aren't related by blood, he said with a small shrug. Family meant a lot of different things to different people; to some it meant the world, to others it barely carried weight in and of itself. As far as he could tell it was an issue of mind over matter and accordingly he fell somewhere in the middle of the two extremes. Sometimes fabricated connections meant more than the real ones--other times this couldn't be further from the truth.

I've had a couple friends in Dahlia over the years--Cwmfen and Kol, not sure if either is around these days, he stated quietly before lapsing into a contemplative silence. His use of the term "friend" was fairly liberal here.. technically "friendly acquaintance" would have been more accurate. After all, he'd only run into the two dark-furred women a handful of times each--in a region that experienced high turnover rates, maybe a couple of amiable encounters was all it took. Regardless, it was atypical for him to think about others he didn't regularly see--out of sight, out of mind--and he quickly came back to the present.

It seemed as if the strange pale girl might be the third Dahlian to make this semi-exclusive list, tensions between their clans be damned. He'd never seen much sense in judging others by any other means than individually, and when he sat down to think about it the only Dahlian he didn't really like was their psychopath of a subleader. So long as Cercelee was around, however, he wouldn't think much of fraternising with the other members. Judging by this lazy afternoon, he'd made a sound choice indeed. She could show him how to roll that other joint; they'd smoke some more until their vision blurred and their minds grew fuzzy. Maybe they'd stumble upon the greatest secrets of the universe, or maybe they'd talk about nothing at all. Either way, he'd certainly be left with a favourable impression of the exotic yearling.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread