points of divergence.
[html]

OOC: Been drowning in work here too, thanks to the stupid holiday season coming! DX It's like people need their money or SOMETHING! GAWD!! Wink

She couldn't help it; a soft smile and a chuckle escaped her lips at her friend's quip. In truth, Anselm was the first friendly face she'd seen since her return, an irony that was not lost on the Dahlian. It wasn't very long ago that the friends' packs were at war with one another, and she inwardly flinched as she thought of her last encounter with the de le Poer. The last time she'd seen him had been during the battle, a battle in which she avoided him as much as he'd avoided her. Thankfully, things between the two packs had simmered down to a quiet resentment and distaste, which could make spending time with the hybrid she called "friend" a bit easier now.

Kol raised a brow lightly at the male's remark about the Lilium. Anselm's lightheartedness was a welcome change from the dark atmosphere of the past few months. "Unfortunately, I have to admit you may be right. I've only been gone a few months, but even in that short time he's slipped even farther into his own twisted world, it seems. I used to have faith he'd overcome it somehow; now I'm not so sure." A true regret tinted her violet eyes with her words. She'd seen such similar self-destruction in members of her own bloodline, leading to a feeling of kinship with the beta male. Unfortunately, she was also well aware that most who slipped down that path of dark insanity could never be pulled back. Her grandfather had thankfully been one of the rare exceptions.

The soft smile returned to the woman's lips as she put thoughts of Haku behind her. Anselm looked healthy and as good as ever, and it truly did warm her heart to see her friend again. His flirting comment brought a roll of the shewolf's mentioned amethyst eyes, and a soft chuckle from her throat. "Well I'm glad to see you haven't lost your smooth tongue in my unintended absence. Such sharp wit is a rare find in a male." Her lips curled into a mischievous grin at the comment, and she moved to brush past him teasingly. Suddenly aware that there were still technically on Dahlian soil, Kol paused to posit a suggestion. "What do you say we step just past the border? That way if someone sees us, it won't become a twisted misunderstanding. I've never been good with politics." She winked at him with the remark, smiling and turning to walk toward the border not far away from where the friends had reunited.

Table by Tay

[/html]

Messages In This Thread