they say they ride horses!
This thread is cute. :3

WC: 346.

[html]

“Just because I'm not telling anyone, it doesn't mean it's a secret,” Claudius objected. For a moment, he felt a surge of elation and something like power rush through his veins. It felt good to stand up to Conor, even if Claudius really liked him. Nonetheless, Claudius did not think there was anything wrong with only telling people he really liked and trusted that he could dye things. He and Addison had bonded over his skill, so he supposed he could start telling some other people about what he could do. Perhaps then he might end up with a few more friends, and perhaps he might be able to put his skills to use making them necklaces, too! But even though Claudius acknowledged this, he still did not want to go around telling everyone what he could do. The last thing he wanted was for everyone to know, or even worse, for everyone think he was bragging. He didn't want to be anything like his brother Attila was, always telling big stories and bragging about things.

Claudius glanced back up at the Dahlian boy, frowning when he noticed Conor's confused expression. Claudius hoped it wasn't his fault; he did not want Conor to get angry at him for having confused him. The AniWayan did not think he had asked a particularly difficult question, so he was unsure why Conor was struggling. But he remained silent, not wanting to interrupt the other boy's thoughts lest he decide to forgo answering the question. Claudius was genuinely curious how this boy who seemed so like him could have so much confidence. However, when Conor gave his answer, it was his turn to be confused — and surprised.

“Yes you are,” Claudius insisted. “I read books and all I like to do is learn, but I don't know anything you seem to,” he concluded, with a nod. This he was very certain about. There was no way Conor could have just read books and ended up this smart. After all, all Claudius did was read, so why wasn't he like Conor?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread