I'll stop the world and melt with [you]
[html]

As the girl started to shut her eyes, Hemming started to worry. "Stay with me here, buddy, come on." He was having a hard enough time to stay coherent himself, and couldn't imagine what a hard time Addison was having of it. He looked around to find something to keep her focused on so she wouldn't drift off into sleep - something the male thought wouldn't be good - and after a moment prompted, "Hey, tell me what you were up to last night." The male had considered asking her to count the stains on the ceiling, and there were many, but it was likely that her vision was fading in and out of focus and such a game would be frustrating.

Hemming knew that he had to get the girl to someone that knew how to deal with the stake protruding from her shoulder. He was a layman's doctor, one that could sew up lacerations and splint broken wings, and he had no clue how to make Addison better. The thought was painful. For now he would have to do his best to get her stable enough to take her somewhere. A bandage of some sort would be nice, but the best he could find were long towels, evidently for wiping off the tables after a long night.

Leaving her side momentarily, he grabbed a few of these towels before coming back quickly. Kneeling beside her, he lightly pressed one of the smaller towels against the wound, trying to remove any loose splinters and other bits of foreign material that he could without causing a blistering amount of pain. After this was done, he took the longest towels he could find and wrapped them around the girl's body, stabilizing and stiffening it as much as possible. The male had decided he would have to pick her up and carry her away to somewhere where there was a healer. AniWaya and Dawali were far away, but there were plenty of packs on the way there that might be able to help. In the worse-case scenario, he would reach AniWaya before he found anyone else. Dawali was a skilled healer, but Hemming doubted his own ability to carry her very far while keeping her body in a safe position.

Having wrapped the wound the best he could, he said, "I'm gonna pick you up and take you to someone that can help you. Take a deep breath." As she did, he heaved her gently into his arms. Standing up from his half-kneeling position as he exhaled, he tried to readjust her in his arms without moving her too suddenly. He didn't want the stake to snag on anything - that was probably the worst possibility - but he had wrapped it tightly and it seemed to be fairly stable. Eyes on the ground to make sure he didn't step on broken glass, he made his way out of the odd building.

To his surprise, it was still light out. A few clouds drifted across the blue sky, momentarily shielding the bright light. Hemming oriented himself towards AniWaya and started walking, rapidly but carefully. As he made his way out of the city and into the wild he howled for help every once and a while, hoping that, by wonderful luck, there was someone nearby that could help.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread