I'll stop the world and melt with [you]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... _table.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

ooc:

There was a terse moment of silence, thick like smog that settled about the throats and eyes of the two conscious individuals. Within the grasp of that silence was shallow breathing, and the biting sting of uncertainty. Then, just as she'd begun to move back, the stone dread in her stomach clenched with remorse, the deadly-still body moved.

And burst back to life.

The girl came awake with a great spluttering, as if the darkness that had shrouded her mind had been a deep pool, and her reluctant body was just now surfacing for the breath of life. Alaine's white hands fluttered forward, immediately checking for her pulse even as the feo croaked out words. The collie-woman's gaze warily sought out the pupils of the wounded, subconsciously checking her sclera for signs of paleness, the size of her pupils for shock. The girl returned her look with bleary caution, before finally growling out some more words.

Alaine studied her carefully for a moment, suddenly aware of the situation she'd wandered into. These two were wolves, of course, and even the girl would be taller than her when standing. Each had far more brawn than the soft-voiced dog healer, though she considered with dark humor that the wounded wouldn't get too far if she tried to attack. With her safety momentarily assured, the cream lady finally spoke.

" You are still with the living, that's where you are," She frowned disapprovingly at the young lady's broken language, but continued to speak even as she checked for broken ribs, " And I am the healer who's doing her best to keep you here."

The girl had relaxed when she noted that the male was still in presence, and that somewhat eased Alaine's qualms. He can't have been the one to harm her so, then. She'd not responded to the healer's prodding, and Alaine was relieved that there had been no broken ribs. Leaving the male to re-acquaint with the momentarily conscious girl, the young healer began to rummage through her leather pouch and retrieved a thick wad of strange-smelling leaves, a small strip of material and some more of the poultice she'd mixed. Emerald green eyes dropped to her patient and welled momentarily with sympathy, before hardening as they turned to her make-shift assistant.

" You are going to gag her with this material, and then hold her down. I'm going to remove the wood. She must remain absolutely still, or the wound will deepen," She knew that what she was asking was very difficult. This pain would most likely make the girl thrash and writhe, and she knew how one would plead to have pain ended, but it was essential that the male remain strong and do as she directed, " The gag is to stop her from biting you if the pain brings out her instincts... Don't look shocked, I've seen it happen."

She sighed, then, and turned to the girl with wary but patient eyes.

" You must try and stay awake for as long as possible, alright? This will hurt, but I need you to try and stay still. I will try and take the pain away as quick as I can..."

She nodded grimly to the male, handing him the strip of material. It was up to him if he used it or not (and should he choose not to, then she'd not argue), but she would wait for him to pin the girl before she began removing the wood.

Speak think walk
Table © Marit <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread