Yesterday's Tomorrow is Today
[html]

Golden eyes hardened with rejection, tail beginning to lash with perturbation. The bleached male was getting agitated, but what had he said wrong? It was becoming apparent that this stranger was rather obsessively single-minded, or perhaps a bit touched in the head. Fur could be dyed or painted or shaved off completely, but its roots would never change. Slay knew that well enough. "I... was born in snow. Snowy wolves have white fur..."

Slay tilted his head, regarding this odd wolf with a cautious, guarded stare. Was he all right? Not all loners could be trusted; there had to be a reason why they did not choose the security of a pack. But... he didn't seem dangerous, so long as he wasn't planning on skinning him and taking his pelt to wear. "I ended up with two colors by accident, no one else looked like me. It's hard to be different," he added carefully, wondering if that was the problem. White fur was very common amongst the wolves he knew; his mate and many of her relatives were colorless. Most of them lamented their plainness, as far as he could tell...

[/html]

Messages In This Thread