Hide and Seek, alcohol style
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/rurik_tropic.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:230px; padding-left:25px; padding-right:25px; padding-bottom:25px;">
--

The silvery werewolf smiled broadly, glad to see his transgression had not cost him company for the afternoon. He surely hadn't intended to startle the man, but he could certainly understand his fright. This was generally an emptier area, usually devoid of canine life—to find someone alive and kicking was probably relatively rare. Rurik had walked the streets plenty of times, discovering not so much as a fresh scent.

The younger canine uttered a familiar phrase, one that caused a chuckle to erupt from the silver wolf's mouth, nodding in tacit agreement. He didn't often consider such statements (or anything, really) philosophically, so he had no opinion about it, but it was one he'd heard a few times in his life. The multicolored wolf introduced himself, a somewhat foreign sounding name that provoked the werewolf's curiosity. The joke regarding its length elicited another laugh from the silvery werewolf, who introduced himself in turn. "Rurik Russo, pleased to meet you," he said, always courteous. "I think I rather like Strel. If you want to shorten mine name, Ruri is fine," the wolf said with a laugh. Ru was the shortest possible abbreviation of his name, but only his aunt Krasa called him that.

Rurik made no assumptions about anyone, and he was rather unfamiliar with homosexuality in general—despite dabbling in it quite a bit himself. So, even though Strel was practically waving the rainbow flag, the silvery Russian wolf hardly picked up on. Flamboyant gestures meant little to him, as he simply hadn't the exposure to canines like Strel. So, when the man asked about where to acquire another canine with that sort of accent, Rurik naturally assumed he meant a woman. "I am from Sobirat'sya, Russia. I came over with mine daughter, Liliya, but she's a bit young for runnin' around with boys yet," the wolf said, mock-stern for a moment, punctuating the statement with another soft laugh. Sadly, Liliya and Silas were coming to the ages where they would become sexual creatures, and that frightened Rurik deeply. He didn't want either of them hurt.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread