Hide and Seek, alcohol style
[html]

This one or the next one will put me at 30k. XD Don't cry, though! Use it as fuel! SIE WILL INSPIRE YOU TO DO EEET. <3 Word Count: 635

The silver-furred werewolf's grin broaded at the other's slight whine, and he rolled his shoulders in a shrug. He couldn't help his own amusement; it did not arise from cruelty and enjoyment of seeing another canine suffer, certainly not. He didn't ever mean to hurt anybody—that was the basic thing in being (mostly) a pacifist. The ash-furred canine wouldn't have ever described himself in such a way, for certainly he wouldn't have hesitated to protect and defend where necessary, but he was very much against violence. "Aye, aye—I'm sorry. You won't feel it in a minute, I promise," the pale-furred wolf said, a playful smile appearing on his lips. "Your king sounds like somebody I could get along with," the Russian wolf added, thinking perhaps he ought to consider this Cour des Miracles place as somewhere to settle down. From what Strelein told him, Rurik gathered it was not terribly far away. It would be good to still have close access to the city and the sea, both very important things to the grizzled werewolf.

The liquor was beginning to take effect on both of him, and Rurik felt the world begin to slow, the slight fuzziness setting in around the edges of his vision. The Russian werewolf did not drink to excess anymore, and he did not drink to drown away his pain—now liquor was a far purer pleasure to him. The other wolf spoke again, and the werewolf's head swung over to look at him, mock indignation on his face. "Oy, I am not that old," he said, giving the red-haired wolf a big smile to show his anger was fake. "I could still keep up with you. Right now I could, anyway," he joked as the other wolf attempted to stand, promptly reclining back on his rear. "Comes with the territory, aye," he said in response to the wolf's comment about his balance. It did tend to go out the window with alcohol involved.

The werewolf smiled at the other canine's question. "There are plenty of different drinks in the world, more than even I've seen. This would be called vodka. I have a darker, brown liquor that is called rum. There is also wine—that is specifically a type made from grapes," the Russian wolf said. He wasn't a particularly big fan of wine, but he did know where it came from. Canines in France were particularly fond of that stuff, as their land was pristine for growing grapes. "Other places around the world?" the silvery wolf asked, grinning broadly. "I been lots of places. London, Rome, Budapest... what would you like to know?" he asked. Rurik liked talking about the many different places he'd been, but without a clear starting point he could ramble on forever and bore the hell out of the other wolf, something he certainly didn't wish to do.

The Miracles wolf asked another question, finding it to be too vague, elaborating a fair bit. Rurik had understood what he meant the first time, and it was almost cute the way the other wolf held his liquor—which was probably not very well. Still smiling, the werewolf indicated the docks down the street, the ocean beyond the buildings just barely visible there. The edge of the water could just be seen between a two-story building and a low-slung warehouse. "I walked from Sobirat'sya and ended up in Lisbon, and we set off from there on a boat. It was many weeks on the ocean, but I do love the sea," the werewolf confessed, sighing softly as he thought of the ocean. There was nothing quite like the steady rolling of the waves beneath his feet, the sea breeze in his fur, the smell of salt on the air. His maritime memories were invariably positive.

<style type="text/css">
.rurik-bones b{font-weight:bold; color:#B44100; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.rurik-bones strong{font-weight:bold; color:#B88060; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.rurik-bones p{text-indent:35px; padding:0px 15px 15px 15px; margin:0px;}
.rurik-bones{width:400px; background-color:#DED2C2; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/rurik_bones.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 252px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread