unusual situations
[html]

we will fight, and we will fall;
until the angels save us all..

The small laugh that left her came with obvious surprise on her part. She did her best to mask it, simply clearing her throat yet another time as she allowed her gaze to begin wandering once more. Duo-colored chasms seemed distant as she gazed towards the silhouettes of jutting cliffs further up the coastline. She couldn't help but feel out of place still, like a stranger looking in. It hadn't set in that she 'belonged' here now, she still felt like she was on the border-line of being a trespasser. It wasn't as if anyone made her feel that way in particular, especially not the brute before her. She was just... odd in the head she supposed. Of course, if she really thought about it she'd probably start to see it was natural for someone having experienced what she had with the last clan she'd been with to be somewhat nervous about this whole situation.

She hadn't meant to zone out, but it was something she'd made a habit of doing. Lacking constant company had drove her to instinctively recede into her thoughts, allowing them to run away with her. Now, she felt somewhat embarrassed, though again she did her very best to stow the feeling away. Drawing in a deep breath, she straightened her posture ever so slightly, giving him a small smile, the look on her face slightly apologetic. "Sorry.. But, you said you never left? You were born here?" she supposed the question was somewhat stupid, being that was most likely what he had meant by saying that. Wanting to keep the conversation flowing away from her semi-blunder, she toed at the turf somewhat, her eyes wandering down a few moments before lifting once again. "All I remember about where I was born was that it was... well.. really far north. There was almost always snow. I think it may have been in the mountains, I don't really remember though" it was unnatural for one to speak of their birth-home with such indifference as she did. She wasn't trying to be secretive, in fact she was over the embarrassment behind how she'd come to gain this... weird ability to shift. It had been so long ago in her mind, she'd basically numbed herself too it. There was no changing it, so there wasn't any point in dwelling on it. Still, she couldn't fight the slight drop in her stomach at the mere thought. It betrayed no physical change in her features though, as she offered yet another of her small smiles to her company.

image by cammie

[/html]

Messages In This Thread