where i want to be
[html]

Oh my GOD this is so awful! But you will forgive me because it's been eight million years, and also because you love me.....and 'cause the next one will be better, I promise!

To Eli, it felt as if it had been years since he last set foot in Dahlia territory. He could vaguely remember the day so long ago that he'd left. But then, all of it had happened so quickly, the male hadn't been able to properly comprehend all that had happened before he was whisked away. And now that things were finally over and looking as if they'd settle down for the time being, he wasn't entirely sure that he wanted to. As soon as the werewolf was fully over the pack borders his posture slumped, exhaustion pulling his limbs downward. The male let his pack fall to the forest floor, enjoying the sound of its weight against the fallen leaves. He shuffled forward a few steps, noticing with alarm just how many leaves were on the ground now, no longer in the trees. He could see more sky than tree now, too. Thin, twisted and bare branches framed the muted blue expanse above him. Elliot's favourite part of Autumn was over now, they were on the other side. He shivered. The colder side. He knew that before long he'd be fighting to keep snow out of the tree house.

Which was where he pointed himself now, stooping low to grab his bag before moving on. He knew from her scent that Kol was already here and assumed that she would be at their den. They hadn't been separated for long on their way back, but to Eli it still felt as if it had been years. He kept his figure within the trees, familiarizing himself with the area as he walked. Their den site was deep within Dahlia's thickest forest, something Eli highly preferred. While he had nothing against the more 'urbanized' areas within Dahlia territory, the massive male couldn't deny that he loved the forest above all else. He figured it had to do with growing up in Jasper Valley, a place so far from human influence it was almost unreal. The town of Wolfville (and the outlying Berwick, pronounced “Burrick” by the locals in its time. You could always tell who was born and raised in the area by this alone) was pretty even by his standards. He'd learned from history books that a lot of the town's buildings were the originals from when the place was initially established. So while he didn't run around hugging and kissing all of the human things, he knew that if he had to be immersed in their influence, it was a good thing that the majority of it was genuine. That being said, Eli stilled spent most of his time beneath the trees.

He moved under them on all fours now, preferring to rest in his wolf form. The transformation (although easier through practice over time) spent the remaining of his energy so when the behemoth finally arrived at his destination, he literally collapsed in a heap. A soft moan of exhaustion crept from his maw and fluttered the leaves around him feebly as he lay there in the clearing, waiting for his beloved.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread