walking in circles
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... otable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

That calm exterior remained with Ehno as he sat and listened to Jazper’s explanation of what had happened between him and Ghita. He listened carefully to each word, watched the Rhiannon boy’s actions and expressions as he spoke. He held onto the protective older brother neutrality as he observed the onyx-hued Dreamer. It was a scary sort of calm, an obvious mask to his currenlty dormant anger. Ehno had been angry a number of times before, let that mask of his slip away, but he would not be angry now. That didn't mean that it didn't bother him that Jazper had put his family through that scare in the first place, regardless of how everything had worked out in the end.

“You did the one thing that could have sent Ghita running off again. That one thing that could have broken her,” he said, the neutrality of his words taking on a slightly harder edge now. “We’re all quite lucky everything turned out the way it did, considering.” He shook his head, trying not to imagine the mess he would have returned to had Ghita not been able to carry the pups to term again. The Marino male decided to lay this particular point to rest, though. Poor Jazz had probably already gotten an earful about it from his other sister in the beginning. Savina could have a fiery temper of her own, when she wanted to. And when the safety of her family was involved, she would have no hesitations about letting that temper flare. Ehno mainly wanted to let that subject drop because it wasn’t as if Jazper could have know that when it happened. That did tie directly to the other problem Ehno had with the situation, though.

Ehno kept his gaze steady on him as he continued. “I’d like to lecture you about how careless the two of you were to let this happen, but considering the way my own pups came about, I don’t really think I have the right.” He laughed suddenly, and immediately allowed himself to slip back into his usual friendly demeanor. The change was almost subtle, but it was noticable if one were paying attention close enough. “In the end, you just brought us more little blessings. And Ghita, Aro, and Sophia are lucky to have you.” Ehno smiled at the pups once again. He wanted what was best for Ghita and her children, and it was quite easy to see that Jazper had the same goal in mind. But Ehno simply had to reassure himself that Jazper was aware of what a mistake he could have made had the situation turned out. If he had hurt Ghita, the Marino man would have been wearing a mask of anger right now, rather than one of still composure. He still felt like a hypocrite preaching against recklessness, but he couldn’t help himself.

Things had turned out okay, though, and after all that Ehno had been through in recent months, he had learned to take things as they were. Everyone was safe and happy right now, that was all that mattered in the end. “C’mon, sit down. Everything’s fine, Jazz.” He made a quick motion to the spot Jazz had been seeing in just moments before, indicating for him to take his seat again. “I suppose our whole family is lucky to have a big guy like you to protect it,” he joked in an attempt to lighten the mood and reinforce the fact that Ehno was ok with everything.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread