but i still wonder
[html]

I'm going to take over, he informed the older coyote, nonchalant, as if separating this information from simply himself was not harmful. He was ready to jump away and run at a moment's notice; at the end of the day, he was still a coyote with far less wolf blood than his father had, and cowardice of wolves still ran with him. Cowardice that was manifested in manipulation; cowardice that was faced down with blood thirst, should it arise in other circumstances, but cowardice that still existed. He was by no means honourable, and never would be.

If you'll help me, he went on, I'll spare all your wolves, and you can live as my co-leader. For now I intend to learn as much as I can to bring Gabriel down when I'm big enough. He lingered over that hint of reward, knowing full well that his father was probably not that stupid, but playing on the simple hope that the wolf in him was dumb enough to go for it.

I'm not a bad guy, father, he went on, speaking the word in as plain a way as he could. I simply want to get rid of wolvish insolence and Inferni's weakness. And to kill out all of the Lykois that stood in his way, and all others, too.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread